[kictanet] Day 4 of 5:- Quantifying the Impact of the Post-election Violence

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 09:13:30 EAT 2008

Morning all,

Here's part of what I could quickly gather as the possible
short-term interventions from some of the posts.

1. Encourage balanced reporting by Media and avoid
glorifying destructions, killings
2. Consider Filtering hate mails, messages, websites
3. Corporates going the extra mile (e.g mobile operator
becoming banks to ensure service provision...)
4. Ensuring that basic Operator service is maintained
particularly in the current environment
5.Create portals that provide linkages between the needy
and their potential donors

Feel free to add more. But today I invite you to attempt to
quantify the loss this chaos continue to wreck on our
organisations.  What do you think is the the toll per day
in terms of lost business opportunity, man-hours,
equipment, etc? only 1 day on this theme because tomorrow
we finish of this discussion.

walu.

•	Quantify the Impact of Post-election violence on ICT
organisations (1day)
-What is the toll per day in terms of lost business
opportunity, man-hours, equipment, etc l

Ensure balanced reporting by Media
Filtering hate mails, messages, websites
Corporates going the extra mile becoming banks
Ensuring that Operator service continue
Create portals that provide linkages between the needy and
the donors
Avoid glorifying destructions