[kictanet] Day 1 of 5 - Challenges Posed by Post-ElectionViolence on ICT Organizations

MEldon at symphony.co.ke MEldon at symphony.co.ke
Wed Jan 30 18:41:59 EAT 2008

Thanks!
Mike

  From:       "Eunice Kariuki" <eunicekariuki at ict.go.ke>

  To:         meldon at symphony.co.ke

  Cc:         'KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions' <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>, kictanet-bounces
              +meldon=symphony.co.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke

  Date:       01/30/2008 03:27 PM

  Subject:    Re: [kictanet] Day 1 of 5 - Challenges Posed    by    Post-ElectionViolence on ICT Organizations

Mike,

Indeed there is a lot that ICT folk can do to support humanitarian
activities as you have rightly described below.

In this regard I can report that The Kenya ICT Board and the BPO & CC
Association are working on an initiative that will provide a solution in
this regard.

The solution is being finalised.
To this end several presentations have already been made to potential
target
users /beneficiaries/sponsors and it has been received well not only as a
short term solution for current humanitarian activities, but also as
strategic project for the long-term.

Some details of the concept will be shared during the KIF - ICT Board
Luncheon tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Eunice Mueni Kariuki
Deputy CEO - Marketing
Kenya ICT Board - CCK along Waiyaki Way
PO Box 27150 - 00100
Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 20 2089062  Fax: +254 20 315147

alt. email/msn ID: eunice.kariuki at hotmail.com