[kictanet] Day 3 of 5:-Possible Interventions to overcome the Challenges

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 08:45:41 EAT 2008

Thanx all, it does seem we are getting somewhere in this
discussion (even without the worthy services of K. Annaan
;-)

Anyway, very interesting and captivating experience from
both M Joseph (Safaricom) and Gilda (BPO/ISP). Ofcourse
with Edith (IDRC) picking off a tangent from MJoseph
contribution that treads the murky area between censorship
and freedom.  I would imagine that requires a whole new
discussion on its own later...

Bill (Mediacorp), Alex (Consumers) and Mike
E.(Symphony)comments prepare us better for todays
discussion.  The idea of HR Counseling within organisations
is a to me a frank and bold step towards admitting that
theres a problem and it is being addressed.

The idea of mobile broadcast SMS reminding citizens of
their liability in wanton destruction of property is
timely. I would add, that probably the TV broadcast should
adopt a name and shame approach to this destruction.
Methinks at times they broadcast this images with an angle
of 'celebrating' the killings and destructions :-0(

Anyway, the floor is open your contributions. 1 day only on
possible interventions. But feel free to contribute on

walu.

•	Share current interventions employed to overcome these
Challenges (1day)
-What short-term tactics are you using to work around the
challenges
-What are your long-term options with regard to the
challenges