[kictanet] Day 1 of 5 - Challenges Posed by Post-ElectionViolence on ICT Organisations

Bill Kagai mediacorp.research at mediacorp.co.ke
Tue Jan 29 21:57:15 EAT 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 5:06 PM, <MEldon at symphony.co.ke> wrote:

> There is much that ICT folk can do to assist with logistics,
> communications
> etc. I support the view that the Kictanet community focuses on that.

The other big problem is impunity on infrastructure destruction. If someone
is captured pulling out railway lines, destroying telecommunication masts or
digging trenches on highways, they should know that they will be held
liable. If such messages were passed via sms by safaricom....then it will
make it easy to contain this kind of wanton destruction at macro level.

Bill