[kictanet] The Truth about Telkom

Victor Maloi victormaloi3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 08:01:33 EAT 2008

The truth about Telkom

I worked for Telkom Kenya, I know Telkom's problems from the 1980's, I knew
Telkom players but last week's e-mail in this forum directed at Dr. Bitange
Ndemo regarding Telkom (see the last paras of the e-mail) was purely a smear
campaign.  I have not met Ndemo in person but the day I meet him, I will hug
him for playing part in saving this National asset.

Throughout the 1980's my cousins from the Rift Valley blundered the giant
telco.  Nine thousand of their kin with barely standard seven certificates
were employed to hang around corridors.  At one point there were ten tea
girls in the MD's office.  Managers built magnificent real estate properties
in Nairobi using the resources from Telkom.  The state corporation owed
everybody including KRA and employee pension fund.  At one time KRA was owed
30 billion.

When Alai implies that the Government used 69 billion to restructure then
sold 51% of the corporation for 26 billion as rip off, he only shows us how
naïve he is.  Did he expect the French to retire the debts?  In my view this
Alai man is being used to cover up things in Telkom.  Remember in the run up
to the election ODM opposed the sale.  Now the truth has come out.  My
cousins did not want anybody to unravel the blunder of public resources they
had stolen.  They used some of this resource to oil the ODM campaign.  This
the same money the Kauleis are using to pay militias in the Rift Valley.

For sometime now my cousins tightly kept the secrets at Telkom and were
jittery when one of theirs Munsonic was bundled out and later Kirei.  To
date these cousins of mine still hold the corporation at ransom having
created small companies with long term contracts with the corporation.  The
link between these people and Alai's people was clearly articulated in a
rift valley FM station by a Mr. Sang.  He called the Luos the "Bridge" the
Kikuyu the "weeds" the Kisiis and Luhyias "madoadoa".  The Bridge was to be
used to bring them to the Promised Land.  The one in which most us were
dubbed that we were part of the larger Kalenjin.  Today we suffer in
Transmara where the Kalenjin are threatening to take even our local
leadership.  You guess what happened to the weeds and madoadoas.

This brings me to a conclusion that Alai is not alone although he may me
working foolishly not knowing that he is being used as a stepping stone.  We
eagerly await for the Truth Commission to bring all this out before we start
attacking people who may not have been party to the destruction of Telkom
and other state corporations.

Victor

Alai's e-mail

Wainaina

This is funny. On one hand you are describing how KTN/Standard did
incite the public and ignore the fact that All Royal Media outlets
including

RamogiFM, Kameme, and KBC have gone to become Kikuyu chauvinist and
not ready to protect the interest of Kenya. On another hand you claim
ho the current Kenyan problem is political. *THE PROBLEM IS NOT
POLITICAL BUT ETHNIC. *I have just come from a tour which took me from
Tigoni, Juja, Nyeri, Naivasha, Eldoret, Kisumu, Yala and Busia. I
travelled with the IDPs and listened and cried of what I heard.
Kenyans are being denied their rights because they are not Kikuyu. I
have the word of MPs and confirmed with IOM that the government
explicitly informed the Redcross and IOM not to serve some
communities. I have horror tales of women whose husbands were hacked
with pangas inside Tigoni police station and the police couldnt save
because they are not Kikuyu. I have talked to Abbas of IOM of how
different

Redcross is treating IDPs. kikuyu IDPs are treated with all care and
others ignored. I personally snatched blankets from Pamela who is the
regional redcross manager in Kisumu when she refused to give them to
mothers and chidren I transported from tigoni and naivasha. I brought
17 buses and called redcross and informed them of my mission. I had a
meeting with Dr Simiyu and Abbas Guled and they agreed to prepare the
ground. After a whole day travel I got redcross not ready and when
they saw the buses is when they started cutting the mbogas and meat.
We handed over 4 children whose mother was admitted to Agha khan with
serious illness and redcross took the children to a police station in
Siaya.

Kenyan problem is tribal and not political. We cannot have one tribe
running roughshod and even the religious leaders from Kikuyu preaching
the Kikuyu superiority. We cannot have one tribe killing and maiming
Kenyans while claiming there is a genocide against Kikuyus. No Kikuyu
was killed in Kisumu. Infact they were protected and even I have
Mwangi, and Kuria who are my friends living and working in Kisumu even
now when they cant work anywhere else. But Kibaki is ordering NGOs not
to serve non Kikuyus. Kikuyus enjoy greater access to loans and even
humanitarian assistance. Go to Kondele in Kisumu where the Kikuyu IDPs
are housed. You will find that there is a bigger difference with Moi
stadium where redcross dont want to even put basic facilities forcing
the local community in Kisumu to house the IDPs at St Stephens.

kenyans, these theories of Bitange and Wainaina only works for the few
they serve. Bitange was key in selling 51percent shares of Telkom
Kenya to the french consortium at 26 Billion Ksh. Before that the
government cleared a debt of 69 billion. if 51% shares were sold at 26
it menas that Telkom Kenya was just worht 52 Billion. Why settle a
debt of 69 billion? What is the mathematics here? telkom Kenya was
worthless? Shame on you Bitange. Only people who dont know your inner
dealings will respect what you say. You really like to please masters
and never acts proffesionaly.

Alai