[kictanet] Kenya: The Media is Not Innocent

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 15:21:09 EAT 2008

We must endeavour to observe Netiquette Guildelines:

2.1.1 For mail:
(bullet 4)
- If you are forwarding or re-posting a message you've
received, do not change the wording.  If the message
was a personal message to you and you are re-posting
to a group, you should ask permission first. You may
shorten the message and quote only relevant parts,
 but be sure you give proper attribution.

(bullet6)
- A good rule of thumb:  Be conservative in what you
send and liberal in what you receive.  You should not
send heated messages (we call these "flames") even if
you are provoked.  On the other hand, you shouldn't be
surprised if you get flamed and it's prudent not to
respond to flames.

(bullet 19)
- Wait overnight to send emotional responses to
messages. If you have really strong feelings about a
subject, indicate it via FLAME ON/OFF enclosures.

For example:
FLAME ON: This type of argument is not worth the
bandwidth it takes to send it.  It's illogical and
poorly reasoned.  The rest of the world agrees with
me.
FLAME OFF

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855>

---