[kictanet] Day 4 of 5:- Quantifying the Impact of thePost-election Violence

Wanjira, Alice Munyua wanjira at cck.go.ke
Fri Feb 1 02:14:04 EAT 2008

Hi all
Adding to the impact of the conflict:

1.  Human costs including loss of human life, refugees, etc and the effect on the ICT sector is the most obvious..
Economic
2.  Scattered workforce, either enlisted part of the conflict or otherwise displaced.
3.infrastructure will be in ruins if this continues.
4. Investors and indeed force Kenyan ICT professionals will begin to seek safer havens.
5. Orgnaisational costs...I am sure most if not all of the ICT related institutions are suffering from significant productivity costs in terms of the value of lost time to the organisation. diversion of employee attention from normal duties, absenteeism reduction of motivation etc.

best
alice