[kictanet] Stakeholders

Crystal Watley crystal at voicesofafrica.org
Tue Dec 16 18:42:47 EAT 2008

Guys... i hope I may speak freely although I am not a guy. I believe that
the stakeholders that should be included but are not limited to: media, ICT
for business, ICT for development, civil society, the judicial system (in
accordance with all other legal statutes), non-governmental organizations,
the Ministry of Information and Communications, the ICT Board, the CCK, and
other political officials as are deemed appropriate. There should be a call
to stakeholders to attend the meeting with at least two weeks advance notice
to faciliate travel. Indeed, Nairobi is not Kenya. Additional stakeholders
meetings should be held at the local level. Most of us full well know that
this situation is not about the Kenya Communications Act alone. It was the
straw that broke the camel's back. The voice of the people should be heard.
Perhaps the government could facilitate these meetings and the media could
record them for distibution on the internet. Of course this would be
important to ensure the factual evidence was available. I think the media
could also contribute to making the process fair and equitable through
adequate coverage of both sides. The bottom line here are the people. We
cannot leave our villages behind.

Crystal

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Lobore Junior <jlobore at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Who are Stakeholder? insofar as this media bill is concern ? does it only
> affect the operations of  MP's and media owners ?, are leaving out others ,
> Oh yes.and I have always reiterated  that Nairobi  is not kenya but part of
> it and isues that affects all kenya should be given enough time. MP's should
> consult their constituents on such crucial matters.
>
> by the way this is not the first time, this guys are failing us. its
> becoming routine.
>
> back to my questions, who are the stakeholders?
>
> Regards.
>
> Loa.

Crystal "Naliaka" Watley
Voices of Africa
crystal at voicesofafrica.org
http://www.voicesofafrica.org/

"You must be the change you wish to see" - Gandhi