[kictanet] Comments on Bill Posted Online

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Tue Dec 16 07:31:12 EAT 2008

Dear Edith,
The gender thing we may have borrowed from the Bible.  Thanks for your
comments.  I am sure you know that policy and legal frameworks are
products of stakeholders.  The Commission or the Minister cannot wake up
and gazzetes regulations that have not been discussed by stakeholders.
The role of the Minister here is to be able to gazzette subsidiary
legislations like the regulation code.  We must have that window in the
law considering the fact that technology changes fast in this industry.  I
will post the proposed code.

In terms of content, CCK will only be mandated again after consultation
with stakeholders give these guidelines in order to protect consumers from
harmful material as it relates to public morality.  Please read sec. 79 of
the consititution in terms of limitations of freedom.

As fo sec. 88.  You know my views.

Regards

Ndemo.