[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] Kenya communications (amendment) Bill: Is media overacting?

emko at internetresearch.com.gh emko at internetresearch.com.gh
Sun Dec 14 23:51:07 EAT 2008

Murigi,

I stand correct........

Thanks for the assurance that all is well, really thats what we all want
so we can build our Africa.

Have a goodnight.

Eric here

> Eric,
>
> To the contrary, things are very good in Kenya. Two unrestrained animals
> (parliament and the media) are tying a noose around each others neck.
> Few of us have little sympathy for either side and expect them to tame
> each other.
>
> Murigi
>
> emko at internetresearch.com.gh wrote:
>> Good people,
>>
>> At this point, finger pointing does not help and really "two wrongs does
>> not make a right" because tempers are going high and Bill established
>> what
>> i was driving at, things could get back like before and you dont want
>> that.
>>
>> Please lets appeal to the voice of reasoning and apply measures that
>> would
>> retract this track because all you need is like what happened in Greece
>> the other day, a police officer deliberately or not shot a teenager and
>> that country has not known peace.
>>
>> For Kenya, we dont even have the luxury of the Greece situation given
>> the
>> legacy so please i would put my weight behind Bill's proposals below,
>> lets
>> move quickly to calm tempers and defuse the tension.
>>
>> I left Nairobi this morning for Accra and trust me, the atmosphere was
>> not
>> good for my liking.
>>
>> Eric here
>>

>>> Wainaina/Alice et al,
>>>
>>> 1. How can Kictanet help package the following for consumption in the
>>> public
>>> domain??
>>> 2. How can stakeholders in this forum help guide this paradigm
>>> shift...i.e...that there is a different school of thought that cares
>>> about
>>> the rest of the bill and is willing to champion dialogue rather than
>>> fighting the Media??
>>> 3. At Mediacorp, we can support Kictanet with 1/2page space in a
>>> leading
>>> daily (if need be) to pioneer dialogue and consensus building
>>> activities.