[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] Kenya communications (amendment) Bill: Is media overacting?

emko at internetresearch.com.gh emko at internetresearch.com.gh
Sun Dec 14 23:04:18 EAT 2008

Good people,

At this point, finger pointing does not help and really "two wrongs does
not make a right" because tempers are going high and Bill established what
i was driving at, things could get back like before and you dont want
that.

Please lets appeal to the voice of reasoning and apply measures that would
retract this track because all you need is like what happened in Greece
the other day, a police officer deliberately or not shot a teenager and
that country has not known peace.

For Kenya, we dont even have the luxury of the Greece situation given the
legacy so please i would put my weight behind Bill's proposals below, lets
move quickly to calm tempers and defuse the tension.

I left Nairobi this morning for Accra and trust me, the atmosphere was not
good for my liking.

Eric here