[kictanet] 1 million Laptops for who?

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Thu Dec 11 19:05:10 EAT 2008

I think you are missing the point.  The private sector is driven by profit motive.  Profit is never defined but a partnership with a social slant always yields moderated profit especially when efforts are made to push significant volume.  Cost of computers in Kenya are high because of volume and ignorance.

Our previous campaign on cost reduction led to the removal of taxes on computers.  There is still room for renewed campaign.  If you cannot see our role in this exercise then I rest my case.

Ndemo.
Sent from my BlackBerry®