[kictanet] Welcome to The new WananchiForums.Com

Robert Alai alai.robert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 08:20:35 EAT 2008

Alice

I bought a domain through Jambo Telkom in August and what I went through is
just making ma avoid the .ke domains. If you check malca.co.ke you will
realise that I bought it in August and I had to wait for 3 days for it to
work. And at ksh 5,000, I bought the domain plus forwarding since I wanted
the domain not to mixed with others since it for another business.

The hosting I found was not working well since the POP and SMPTP addresses
which Telkom Kenya gave me could not get mails in Outlook if you are using a
different ISP from Telkom Kenya. I had to get my ISP POP and SMTP addresses
and this was tiresome since in the office we were using a VSAT service which
the whole building was sharing and getting the mail aaddresses and ports was
just going to be hectic.

I then told the Jambo Telkom team to do domain forwarding to my host in USA
(hostgator). The forwarding took another 2 days to be acted up on by Jambo
Telkom team. I brought this to the attention of Njeri Rionge, she didnt even
care to answer and also brought this to attention of the Jambo Telkom team
and went there myself on Sixth floor since I did my internship at Telkom
Helpdesk and know most of the people in cluding the guy called Akorino who
is still doing most of the Jambo Telkom stuff there.

The slow response just killed me since this was a business address which I
did register for my sister and she was loosing alot and sshe didnt want to
use yahoo coz she wanted to show some seriousness.

Alice, the attitude and slow response, and I guess this is both from KENIC
and TELKOM, just made me run away. And changing the registrars couldnt have
helped since I was told at Telkom Kenya that the problem is that KENIC is
only effecting domain registration on particular days and times and so
calling them to effect a change wont help much.

Alai