[kictanet] ICT Board Strategy a Farce

Wambui Wakarema wambuiwakarema at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 09:01:58 EAT 2008

 I have read with surprise the Kictanet mailout from the ICT Board claiming they are going for a stakeholders strategy workshop in Naivasha.Who are these stakeholders? Are there any representing the BPO sector?? I ask this because I have contacted the industry association and they dont seem to be in the know either. This is quite bizarre, especially since BPO is a key sector of the ICT Board's mandate.Who are the stakeholders from the other ICT sectors? Shouldnt the Board be getting input from key stakeholders at this workshop.They are wasting government resources going to write strategies and then 'presenting' to stakeholders, yet stakeholders should have been involved from the word go.The current management of the ICT Board performance is well under par. Recently I called up theiroffices wanting to engage with the management on a number of issues. Alas! I was informed that they were all on leave at the same time!The ICT Board cant seem to function
 properly due to sheer incompetence.Dr Ndemo I want a response from you since the buck stops with you!Wakarema