[kictanet] Foreign Software Houses of Babel..in kenya.

Brian Munyao Longwe brian at caret.net
Mon Aug 25 22:21:08 EAT 2008

Actually Bill I think that this is just a clear and perfect example
(or expression) of the dire need for standards in Govt implementation
of ICT projects as well as coordination across departments.

Since both of us are techies - we know that integration between
system no matter the origin or the language/database/message formats
is simply a matter of a deliberate integration process. Clearly that
is missing in this picture - and rather than deal with the real
problem, the actors have resorted to finger pointing/blame game and
all the other forms of unhelpful and time-wasting bureacracy that
plague large institutions like governments (as well as many
corporates). I can assure that if there was commitment to process and
deliverables from the top down to the bottom, these issues could have/
would have been sorted ages ago.

Our "Waafrika" problem is that when faced with challenges we'd rather
tear each other down than face the problems head on and (together)
tear them down.

Brian