[kictanet] Foreign Software Houses of Babel..in kenya.

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 22:04:09 EAT 2008

I am watching news in awe where they are reporting that Kenya Ports
Authority has deployed a Korean piece of software (Kwatos) to ease
turn-around at the Port but now its not working well with the Kenya Revenue
Authority software from Chile (Simba). Ofcourse both cost billions.

As the spanish-speaking chileans 'haga el informe con los otros extranjeros'
with the Koreans to '소프트웨어를 저희를 위해 일한' , sisi wakenya tunangoja kusaidiwa.
Mwafrika anajimaliza mwenyewe...as Baba Gideon would say. <
http://uk.babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt>

The result according to one Mureithi of Kenya Shipping Associations is that
port has now become a 'store' rather than a 'door' taking ages (14 days
instead of 3 days) to clear goods because of the software conflict. Here be
dragons...is this a kictanet sized problem...or do we just watch and comment
later in another study on this discussion forum????

Time for an ICT Commission of Inquiry ???

Bill Kagai