[kictanet] Day 9 of 10:-IGF Discussion, Socio-Cultural Issues

Judy Okite judyokite at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 12:07:43 EAT 2008

Actually I was skeptical about having different languages online....and was
impressed when I read that India is the largest  English speaking
country....then Australia.....at this moment,I thought everyone should be
able to adopt!

But when I looked at it critically I realised, .......In order for us to
continue seeing the growth of the internet....we have to get more people on
it...and it will require changes and some tweeking here and there and
language is a positive move...Lets allow people to be comfortable online...a
language they can easily relate with.

Kind Regards,

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Bill Kagai <billkagai at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:27 AM, John Walubengo <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> It can truly open up  opportunities and change their lives.
>>

> Have you ever met someone who can 'read and write' swahili but cannot
> 'ditto' english???

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson