[kictanet] Day 3 of 10:-IGF Discussions, Internet Interconnection Charges

Gakuru, Alex alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 23:21:28 EAT 2008

"no competition in the infrastructure/gateway provider space." Not
missed it locally.

Surely *any* ISP can afford 10K application fee for Gateway license?
(i.e. what they charge one customer in a month)

See: -

3. FIXED AND MOBILE SATELLITE SERVICES CATEGORY
Public Commercial Satellite Uplink/Downlink Gateway Services (Gateway
Services) 	Kshs. 10,000 	0.5% of the annual gross turnoverof the
business

<http://www.cck.go.ke/html/child.asp?title=licensing&contcatid=9&childtitle=license+fees&childcontid=69>