[kictanet] The Captain on Payment Gateway!!

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 10:05:23 EAT 2008

I have seen in today's Nation - Back Page - Among the targets the Captain
set for Ministries include::

1. The Ministry of Information will provide a payment gateway and harmonise
the E-transaction Bill with the Banking Act. [sic]

We do have a solution under beta testing jointly with Commercial Bank of
Africa which uses MPESA as one of the transaction avenues, whilst CBA acts
as the settlement institution. I know PayPal is also testing another system.

Could we perhaps plan to brainstorm and set the necessary benchmarks before
these products are put in the market to coincide with submarine cables
landing??

As usual, I look for leadership and inspiration from our champion - Bw.
Bitange Ndemo.

You can test the solution by g360 Ltd at:

http://www.mobilepay.i360microsystems.com/shop.php