[kictanet] Training for Digital Villages Operators

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 11:43:15 EAT 2008

Evans,

The fundamental and greater question that you have
asked: What, if any, is the official FOSS policy?

Dr. Ndemo, my failed attempts to have a conversation
with KIPPRA on FOSS was on knowledge of below linked
documents.

We need leadership that hand holds Kenyans to the
abundance world of FOSS benefits.

And this should interest media stakeholders ....

--excerpt---
Russia case: the Government has revealed to Microsoft
that the private press was using pirated software. As
a result of this action, the press did sign an
agreement and is now paying penalties to the
proprietary software company. Such situation is likely
to be happening in Africa where Governments always try
to control the press.  This is an incentive for the
press to be engaged in the FOSS movement, migrate to
avoid any further pressure and keep its freedom;
--excerpt---

Alex