[kictanet] ICT Authority?

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 14:23:50 EAT 2008

Waudo,

jst wondering if we dont already have enough overlaps
between ICT Board, eGovt Secretariate, Government
Info-Technology Services (GITS) and now you (KEPSA?) want
to add on an ICT authority?

walu.

--- waudo siganga <emailsignet at mailcan.com> wrote:
All this ultimately  suggests the necessity for the
establishment of an oversight statutory
ICT  Authority as is being proposed by KEPSA to the ongoing
Government harmonization Committee.

--- waudo siganga <emailsignet at mailcan.com> wrote:

> Actually the Government never voted and was never called
> upon to
> vote on this issue. The Government only facilitated the
> stakeholder committee at KEBS and national voting was
> done by
> members of that committee. The overall issue however
> reiterates
> what I see as a persistent problem regarding ICT and
> Government:
> ICT is wide and diverse, as well as being horizontal to
> the
> Governm
ent structure. This sometimes leads to matters

http://computerworld.co.ke/articles/2008/04/21/microsoft-denies-t

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/jwalu%40yahoo.com