[kictanet] Not..Venting Data Vending

Alex Gakuru alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:22:51 EAT 2007

Pundits are wondering what Bill's presidency will really look.
Has the future finally dawned ushering the nations aspirations?

With every child acquiring the OLPC promised on his manifesto?
Cheap $50/MB internet through fibre, entire .ke network on IPv6?
Affordable computers in every district , hospital, even "munada".

Cabinet minutes delivered by email to consumers' via kPODs,
all-new "brownberries" and open source installed mobile devices
with local skunk works tweaking GSM till no networks failures?

Will President Bill K deliver on the promise of digitising "in toto"
the kenya village to his voters whom he bought several rounds of
Ruaraka's sweet waters to kick high their imagination levels?

But they also wonder whether 2016 will not see a repeat ritual of
new promises-- only that time it may as well be on an envisaged
"Sun Base" (contrived variant "NASA Presents Details of Plans
for Moon Base <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/21/science/
21nasa.html?_r=1&ref=us&oref=slogin>)

Indeed, how true the words of  one famous lister "Tomorrow Now"

But President Bill, (allow me to refer to you by first name because I
started this?) I need your favour but for security reasons it should not
be communicated in electronic form. When could I meet you kind
Excellency, Price of Peace, the greater liberator to paperless office?

ooops! Did I say that?