[kictanet] FOIA: Petition to the National Assembly

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 14:02:45 EAT 2007

Walu,

I do not have a soft copy but I can tell you the Bill
is good.

If this Private Member Bill was passed, by Law all
future Bills would have to be available for download:
http://www.kenyalaw.org/Bills/ . Mid last month I
asked them to publish it but they appear unable this
far.

-----
On 8/16/07, <> wrote:
> Dear Alex,
>
> Thanks for the kind notice.
>
> We are currently preparing that bill among other
bills for upload.

Alex Gakuru wrote:

> The Freedonm of Information Bill has been missing
from your list of
> pending bills for quite some time. Possible you
upload it? Thanks.

-----
Right now we need people who want the Freedom of
Information passed to sign the petition.

"Petitioners Asking the National Assembly to Pass The
Freedom of Information Bill, 2007"

Name       ID. No             Signature

The most important aspect is that those signing must
be citizens of Kenya thus the ID No. A formal petition
signing event will be announced by ICJ.

Regards,

Alex

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/jwalu%40yahoo.com