[kictanet] Day 4 of 10:- eContent Requirements for Regulators

alice alice at apc.org
Mon Oct 15 18:07:47 EAT 2007

> "My question: besides colorful brochures what concrete actions are our
> regulators taking to ensure that every citizen is aware of their
> rights, privileges and what services are available to them. Regards Brian"

The CCK recently unveiled the CCK service chatter that sets public
expectations Re: dealing with the Commission and its staff
interchangeably called the "The Customer Service Charter " it outlines
rights and responsibilities and the procedure to follow if  CCK service
standards are not met. available at www.cck.go.ke

Then there is a consumer center on the website, which includes some
useful links e.g how to make a complaint, what you need to know about
telecoms services, but is this enough?
I think the following  benchmarks
(http://www.regulateonline.org/content/view/354/69/ ) for Latin American
and Caribbean Regulatory Authority Websites are rather useful

best
alice

above comments are personal and do not reflect any position of the organizations I am affiliated with