[kictanet] Day 2 of 10: What are the Internet Opportunities for provisioning Regulatory Services?

Brian Longwe brian at isisweb.nl
Fri Oct 12 09:10:09 EAT 2007

well, well, well - I would go for more of a "Pull" approach.

I think that going by the feedback from the consultants who conducted
the recent internet study commissioned by CCK - one of the hardest
things to obtain was clear and accurate internet tariffs and terms of
service for the various products from ISPs.

One way of using the internet would be for regulators to provide
consumers with an online interface/forms that would allow them to
input what they pay for the service they receive. It would of course
be necessary to try as much as possible to make it an easy to use
interface by using pulldown menus and checkboxes to allow users to
select the type of service/duration of contract or term for which
they pay (montly, quarterly, annually etc) - this approach might
yield better results.

my two ndululus

Mblayo

Brian Longwe Munyao