[kictanet] Fibre Optic

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 08:06:40 EAT 2007

Dr Ndemo,

You have not answered our concern yet on why we need the marine cable to bring us high speed Internet yet as a country we do not have a cost effective national high speed network?

The diaspora makes up less than 5% of the population and many of them add no value to us, yet you are more concerned about how we can communicate with them instead of how to make it possible for my children to talk and see their grandmother in Mbita point without requiring to make the trip.

As a democracy I believe our interest should be to serve the greater population than a few out there.

I have been looking at the cost of AGM's for listed companies and it is a major drain on this organisations, if you and your team could concentrate on a fiber link to all provincial head quarters we can have the next Kengen AGM held virtually with participants in centers closest to them, to me this would be a greater utilisation of connectivity than being able to talk cheaply to my sister in the US who none the less is too busy working 3 jobs to have time to talk to me regularly irrespective of cost.

So Dr. Ndemo gives us a more compelling reason for the fibre optic cable.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200