[kictanet] Faith in local web hosting

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 08:03:52 EAT 2007

Hi all,

I have raised this issue before when I did a search and found out that the CCK web site was hosted overseas and thus how can we expect them to monitor the service quality levels of the ISP's.

On Sunday I visited the Kibaki web site, I experienced unstable audio streaming so I decided to find out where the site was hosted, yes you guest it overseas.  The other 2 presidential candidates web sites are no better they are not locally hosted.  Is this a reflection of who the targets of this web sites are?

The Kibaki site is developed by one 3Mice, if I remember right, which has some association with newly appointed ICT Board Managing Director Kokubo.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor