[kictanet] [Fwd: Re: [Idlelo2] M$ Vendor Lockin In Kenyan Schools]

Dorcas Muthoni dmuthoni at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:31:15 EAT 2007

I think the issue here is unethical business practices from Microsoft.

Why are they hiding behind the ignorance of government officers in
developing countries. I sent a mail asking Ministry of Education to provide
what this 'free computer technology' is but i have not seen a response.

It's certainly possible that many OSS products will eliminate their
proprietary competition, but that's the nature of competition. If OSS
approaches pose a significant threat to proprietary development approaches,
then proprietary vendors must either find ways to compete or join the OSS
movement.

It is extremely unethical to tweak the concept of free so as to create
confusion while marketing.

In OSS it is freedom.