[kictanet] Holding our Leaders Accountable

Bill Kagai mediacorp.research at mediacorp.co.ke
Thu May 24 22:38:34 EAT 2007

On 5/24/07, Odhiambo WASHINGTON <wash at wananchi.com> wrote:

> I am tempted to ask Dr. Ndemo about the levels at which such decisions
> as facilitating ICT growth are made in govt., and at what juncture. Is
> the president the chief decision maker or just the person
> whose "goodwill" makes things move?

For those who appreciate British humour...Sir Humphrey tries to explain the
levels and roles in Govt thus......quoted verbatim...

Jim Hacker: "Humphrey, do you see it as part of your job to help Ministers
make fools of themselves?"

Sir Humphrey: "Well, I never met one that needed any help! The traditional
allocation of executive responsibilities has always been so determined as to
liberate the ministerial incumbent from the administrative minutiae by
devolving the managerial functions to those whose experience and
qualifications have better formed them for the performance of such humble
offices, thereby releasing their political overlords for the more onerous
duties and profound deliberations which are the inevitable concomitant of
their exalted position."

The PS is thus referred by title 'CMG' - call me god.
The minister has the title 'KCMG' - kindly call me god.
Then ultimately the Prime Minister title is 'GCMG' - god calls me god.

For more juice... <http://www.yes-minister.com/episodes.htm>