[kictanet] Day 6 of 10 - Statistics on Dispersion- CCK Internet Report

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 08:34:12 EAT 2007

Lets extend 1day (today) on the above theme...

I know the recent posts have commented on the above.  In
particular, the 'conflicting' approaches with regard to
infrastructure development b/w Govt & Private Sector.

I think Govt feels that the Private sector initiatives into
the rural areas has been lacking hence their intervention.
Private sector may feel that Govt is 'duplicating' their
efforts or presenting 'unfair' competition in that space.

I think the report had a middle ground where the Universal
Access Fund (UAF)is deployed.  Private sector would be
'funded' to implement infrastructure in non-economic zones
using the UAF.  In other words the Goverment advances the
funds and the Private Sector implements the projects.  I
don't know if this would present a middle-ground or
addresses a different issue?

walu.