[kictanet] 2-Day eHealth Workshop closes with a suprise

A. Wanjira Munyua alice at apc.org
Mon Mar 26 20:47:26 EAT 2007

Okay Soberly now, having shared my frustrations, we need to seriously
consider re-framing the way we advocate for ICTs for development. Perhaps
linking them to concrete livelihood issues could be a start making it
easier for policy makers to place ICTS within the broader
development/poverty reduction frameworks.
We could then lobby to ensure that ICTs as tools and the sector in general
is taken seriously.
Lobbying parliamentarians to remind them of the pending communications/ICT
related bills/policies would not hurt. Luckily for us in Kenya we have a
government that listens and accomodates!

best
alice