[kictanet] RELIANCE MISSES OUT ON SNO LICENCE IN KENYA

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 16:22:21 EAT 2007

MM & Eric,

You both raise good points and the way forward - but my
feel is that it matters NOT how perfect your Policy and/or
Regulation looks like on paper; as long as the Spirit of
implementation is lacking or distorted then you will always
ran into problems...

Someone claimed (was it here or offline?) that Somalia
(which lacks any Telecomms Policy and Regulatory framework)
enjoys cheaper and more liberal telecommunications
environment than Kenya. Though I don't have evidence for
this, if it turns out to be true, it would support my
thinking that the (Policy) Documents are not the problem
-the problem maybe in the implementation processes.

walu.

kictanet-bounces+mureithi=summitstrategies.co.ke at kictanet.or.ke