[kictanet] My Evening in Jail (O.K, next to Jail)

Odhiambo WASHINGTON wash at wananchi.com
Thu Mar 8 00:11:52 EAT 2007

* On 07/03/07 19:09 +0300, Brian Long's wrote:

| On Mar 7, 2007, at 4:56 PM, John Walubengo wrote:
| >

| >Here is the IT angle - isn't it time their website
| >www.kenyapolice.go.ke gave the Citizens the correct
| >position regarding Police Procedures for Civil/Criminal
| >offence? I mean I never knew a traffic offence could earn
| >you 1-night accomodation with General Ali's (the Police
| >Commissioner) guests. Further more, when are those so
| >called Tamper-proof Driving Licences going to hit the
| >market?
|
| Hi John,
|
| Thanks for sharing (in your v. pleasant style) your experience.
| Actually I think you are letting us off a bit easily by only
| suggesting procedures be on the Police website. I would go a bit
| further.
|
| Every Mobile Police Unit and/or Traffic stop have a functional laptop
| with wireless access to various databases:
| - IDs / Passports/ Work Permits / Visa
| - Driving License
| - Car Registration
| - Criminal Records Database
|
| That way by simply running a couple of simple queries they would
| immediately know whether you are worthy of being offered free
| accomodation.

Brian is talking about what happens in the US and such like;)
The budget allocated to the Police can never allow them to have these
"luxuries".
Sorry, but I speak from experience as a former police officer.
We tried to get the force in this direction but ended nowhere, except
being termed radical.
But yes, let's suggest these to the right ears. It's worth the time.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington            		. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
wash () WANANCHI ! com			. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121			. (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
						 --from a /. post