[kictanet] My Evening in Jail (O.K, next to Jail)

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Wed Mar 7 22:30:10 EAT 2007

Correct.
We have (Infocom and Immigration and registration of persons) agreed to
develop front-end applications within the Intergrated Population
Registration System (IPRS) to eneble wananchi to only carry their fingers
and eyes around for the purpose of indentification.  The IPRS shall be
linked to other databses to provide a more comprehensive information on
any person.  This means that in the case of Walubengo, the police officer
would have told him exactly when the renewal of the license was done.

Have a prison-free day.

Regards

Ndemo.

> On Mar 7, 2007, at 4:56 PM, John Walubengo wrote:
>>

>> Here is the IT angle - isn't it time their website
>> www.kenyapolice.go.ke gave the Citizens the correct
>> position regarding Police Procedures for Civil/Criminal
>> offence? I mean I never knew a traffic offence could earn
>> you 1-night accomodation with General Ali's (the Police
>> Commissioner) guests. Further more, when are those so
>> called Tamper-proof Driving Licences going to hit the
>> market?
>
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for sharing (in your v. pleasant style) your experience.
> Actually I think you are letting us off a bit easily by only
> suggesting procedures be on the Police website. I would go a bit
> further.
>
> Every Mobile Police Unit and/or Traffic stop have a functional laptop
> with wireless access to various databases:
> - IDs / Passports/ Work Permits / Visa
> - Driving License
> - Car Registration
> - Criminal Records Database
>
> That way by simply running a couple of simple queries they would
> immediately know whether you are worthy of being offered free
> accomodation.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mblayo

> Brian Longwe					+254(0) 20 445 2327 - t
> Chief Executive Officer			+254(0) 722 518744 - m
> InHand Limited					+254(0) 733 518744 - m
> M3, Westlands Court,			+254(0) 20 374 7881 - f
> Westlands Close, Westlands Rd.	www.inhand.co.ke
> P.O. Box 30054-00100			SIP: 30753274 at sip.epygi.com
> Nairobi, Kenya

dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.