[kictanet] My Evening in Jail (O.K, next to Jail)

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 18:05:54 EAT 2007

Dear law-abiding Walu, (having narrowly escaped the "ex-con" status ;-)

Technology is not about shiny gadgets and software programs, its about people. If the people end up in cells after KRA spends billions on IT systems and other costly whatever-proof this and that, then it may be for no use besides fashionable excuses to spend mali yetu?

Your example further illustrates the potential dangers of patch-worked ICTs to innocent citizens thus, and the account is nothing but all iCt with the   "C"ommunication enabler/enhancement role of technology  loudly missing. I always thought the Police had radios, mobile phones, and fueled vehicles to reach their "Wakubwas" whenever necessary 24/7/365? How come sometimes they are unreachable?

Again, who should apologize here? Walu, the young officer, or KRA? KRA admitted responsibility which cost you mental anguish, self-esteem, embarrassment, great inconveniences, and family distress, etc hopefully lawyers, ought help Walu get compensation entitlements from KRA.

Ndugu yangu, I feel your pain.

/Alex

John Walubengo <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote: O.K, before the moderator tells me to take this
conversation off the list - I wish to promise that it will
end with an IT twist...