[kictanet] Is 999 a local BPO opp?

Michuki Mwangi michuki at kenic.or.ke
Wed Jun 27 15:08:55 EAT 2007

Walu,

John Walubengo wrote:
> Michuki,
>
> the problem with our 999 is complex.  Apart from the fact
> that it rarely works (goes thro), i suspect that if it did
> go thro' it may not make a difference.

Maybe we need to rethink this opinion. How do we know if it makes a
difference if the call is never answered?. How would we know if the
attitude is responsive unless we have a meter?.

Ideally, the BPO would take in the call, and send out a notice to the
local area authorities. In this case if the authorities dont respond -
we can squarely point fingers. As it is - i have no one to point a
finger to at this point it time. The 999 service doesn't work yet when
we are setting up any telecommunications service we have to give due
consideration to emergency services!. Clearly, that investment needs to
serve its purpose.

Regards,

--
Michuki Mwangi