[kictanet] Is 999 a local BPO opp?

Michuki Mwangi michuki at kenic.or.ke
Wed Jun 27 13:30:54 EAT 2007

There has always been complains and concerns raised on the emergency
service numbers 999. As a result, the enterprising Kenyan's amongst us
have opted to provide similar emergency numbers that come at a fee to
its subscribers i.e the 911 service.

On the other hand, we are seeking to provide BPO for multi-nationals and
others at significant investment costs. While i support the initiative
and its opportunities, i believe we also need to review the local
opportunities for outsourcing that may come with a less 'investment
price tag'. With this in mind is the 999 service which is a national
service to 32M plus Kenyans ... that would probably be the largest call
center.

If this was to work am would be certain most of the other call center
requiring service providers would follow suit.

Regards,

--
Michuki Mwangi
KENIC