[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] Communication Tariffs

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 15:48:03 EAT 2007

Dear Atieno J. Ochola,

We are aware Commission prefers if consumers went to
respective companies websites to look for these rates.
We needed your help to get "official" data in order to
avoid "misquoted" data and associated and foreseen
anxieties.

However, considering that only 2.7 million Kenyans
have access to the internet, it may be impractical
(perhaps impossible?)for 8 odd million telephony users
all get information via their these telcos' websites,
hence our intervention. We still hope the regulator
could facilitate our access to this data.

Actually, we await CCK's digitising complaints
handling (eg
http://www.tcra.go.tz/customer/complaints.php) because
we feel the complaints in your successful annual
reports understate the realities faced by consumers on
the ground.

In the meantime, do we take it that now we could
harness your list participation to seek help from you
to avoid repeat circumstances in the future?

Asante Sana

Thanks