[kictanet] National e-Government Strategies: Designing for Success - 19 June 2007

Harry Hare harry at africanedevelopment.org
Mon Jun 18 10:49:57 EAT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

The World Bank office in Nairobi has kindly availed their facility for those
interested in participating in a videoconference is titled "National
e-Government Strategies: Designing for Success" which is to take place
tomorrow June 19th at 9:00 - 11:30 am EST, which is 4pm here.

This VC is organized in partnership with USAID/USTTI and Development Gateway
Foundation.  The event will feature several leading experts from India,
Singapore, U.S., Kenya and World Bank who will engage in a discussion with
country clients. The event description is below and more information is
available at: http://go.worldbank.org/KYLN3DZF40

A great number of governments have now developed e-Government strategies and
are at various stages of implementation. While a significant amount of
attention has been given in the past to identifying the key components of
e-Government strategies and identifying best practices, little attention has
been given to the processes involved in the design of such strategies.
Recognizing that the process of designing an e-Government strategy is
perhaps as important if not more important than the resulting document, this
event will be an opportunity to learn from three different country
perspectives. The speakers will address the process of designing successful
national e-Government strategies, focusing on the following questions:

Why is it important to have well-designed e-Government Strategies?
Why might the process be as important as the final document?
What constitutes successful e-Government strategies?  What are the key
ingredients?
How should governments go about designing e-Government strategies?
What are the steps and processes that are essential not only to the
elaboration of the strategy, but also to its successful implementation?

The VC room at the Bank can accommodate just a few people, and we have been
given about 15 spaces which shall be allocated on a first come first served
basis. Due to security issues at the Bank's offices, we have to submit the
names of those interested by 1pm tomorrow. So if you are interested in
participating, pls send me an email by 1pm tomorrow 19th June 2007. My
apologies for the short notice and we look forward to your participation!

Best regards,

Harry Hare
African eDevelopment Resource Centre