[kictanet] Holding our Leaders Accountable(delay in response)

Mr President njenga_mp at myway.com
Fri Jun 8 14:20:52 EAT 2007

 Hi All First of all my apologies to you all, as am unsure wether this debate is over, but my reson for wanting to input my ideas is because i agree with ceryain sentiments. The chai concept, is polite and a means to an end, it was utilised by Njoki Ndungu and, i agree that to have a workshop, seminar for MPs would be ideal. Guys get real, HOW do we talk about E-govt and members of parliament are ICT illiterate ?? How do we drive demand, with the puiblic when those who represent them need mail and not E-mails ?? I consistently say, that we sahould borrow a leaf from Rwanda, The Head of state, conducts Govt online, bunge there uses electronic voting, the state is divided into four regions and all Hqs are served via a WAN. What is the state of our E-govt and the use of the same? Tho Mps may not be ICT lerned, then they should get assistants/ interns- tho not Lewinsky- to assist them in ResearchBills before the houseNational and constituency issuesICT and its benefits We agreed
to lead by example, let us invite the Waheshimiwas and enlighten them and better still form and ICT lobby forum for use now and later, Example ? the media and ICT bills these would be the same MPs we would invite for informal then formal talks and for those who understand Govt like in the US we as KICTANET should learn to lobby, to me that is being Pro active as opposed to being Re active Have a thoughtful and blessed week end          Njenga M.Pthose who fear to fail.will never try to succeded,for to fail to plan is to plan to FAIL