[kictanet] Media Bill 2007.

Brian Longwe brian at isisweb.nl
Fri Jun 1 02:50:53 EAT 2007

Bwana Ndemo,

I could not agree with you more. I have been appalled and dismayed at
the outrageous response that has come about regarding the Media Bill.

The mere fact that it is a Bill means that this is the time for
whoever has anything to change/remove/add should do it. It is not yet
a law until it has passed public review, parliamentary review and
government review.

I was even shocked today to hear some politicians who I used to have
respect for referring to it as a draconian law designed to stifle and
control - I don't even think the individual had any idea about the
background and origin of the Bill.

I think it's time for truth and clarity to come forth.

Brian