[kictanet] [Skunkworks] It's a new twist for Econet Wireless

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 07:28:47 EAT 2007

My one cent..

> "In April last year, our officers investigating the
> case were told to stop with immediate effect." says
a > senior Kacc official.

Parliament should hasten the Freedom of Information
Bill into law before December elections then we could
use it to inspect transactional details to exclude
ictbergs/ictleasings away from corporate PR/ and
government Official Secrets Act that facilitate
corruption and re-"morgue"aging Kenyans.

Alex

http://www.fingaz.co.zw/fingaz/2005/February/February24/7816.shtml

http://www.pacificmagazine.net/issue/2005/02/01/business-briefs
>        The Papua New Guinea government has
> terminated the proposed sale of
> 51 percent
>        of Telikom (PNG) Ltd to African
> telecommunications giant Econet
> Wireless Group.
>        Bowing to criticism in Parliament and public
> outcry, Prime Minister
> Sir Michael
>        Somare announced the PNG Cabinet's decision
> and said the sale process
> would be
>        looked at again this year. "Given the debate
> from various sectors of
> the
>        community and the parliamentary resolution
> not to proceed with the
> sale under
>        its current structure, the Cabinet has
> decided the most logical step