[kictanet] is stakeholder forum necessary?

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 21:12:56 EAT 2007

mmhH...

guess the die is cast, and since the process is in
Parliament, it is just a matter of days(?) before the 2nd
Reading of the Bill and we should all be able to tell if
the workshop was for free lunch or for real.

I surely hope it was for both.

walu.

--- Rebecca Wanjiku <rebeccawanjiku at yahoo.com> wrote:

>     Stakeholder forum is ok, but does it work?
>       At Safari park hotel, many stakeholders  gathered
> to give their views. From Safaricom, Celtel to the
> consumer  association, they all had something to say
> about the KCA bill.
>
>       ICJ described the bill as unprecedented and  the PS
> Bitange Ndemo assured participants that their views would
> be  incorporated.
>
>       But if the past process is anything to go  by, is
> there any assurance that the views will be taken on
> board.
>
>       Stakeholders wanted an expansion of the
> constituencies expected to be consulted, and an assurance
> that the views would  be considered
 no one seemed to

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/jwalu%40yahoo.com