[kictanet] EuroAfrica-ICT Workshop: Response by JULY 12th (for meeting in Nairobi)

Janet Feldman kaippg at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 8 18:41:57 EAT 2007

From:Rebecca Naidoo <RNaidoo at csir.co.za>
Subject:   Registration: EuroAfrica-ICT Workshop
Attachments:   Template_EoI_Kenya.ppt Template_Proposal_Idea_Kenya.ppt Template_Open Consultation.doc
** High Priority **

Thank you for your interest in the EuroAfrica-ICT (START) initiative. Kindly confirm
your participation in the Awareness Workshop to be held in Nairobi at the Hilton
Hotel by return email.  This confirmation assists us in determining our numbers
in preparation for the workshop.

In order to facilitate contacts between European and sub-Saharan African organisations
interested in the development of cooperation projects in the ICT field, you are
invited to present a Proposal Idea (10 min on an ICT project idea you or your organisation
may have) at the workshop or an Expression of Interest (10 min about your organisation,
expertise, experience, etc) .

Please visit http://www.euroafrica-ict.org/index.html for the PowerPoint templates
and draft agenda.  Should you require a template be emailed to you, please do not
hesitate to contact me.  The deadline for submission of your presentation will be
July 12 and should be returned to rnaidoo at csir.co.za.  Selection will be made on
a "first come first serve" basis.

Attendance at the workshop is free and participants will need to make their own
travel and accommodation arrangements if required.  Should you wish to stay at the
Hilton hotel, a negotiated rate at US $90 has been secured for workshop participants.

Hotel details are:
Contact person: Caroline Owira
Hilton Hotel
Mama Ngina Street;
Nairobi, Kenya 00100
Tel: +254-20-250000  Fax: +254-20-226477
E-mail: caroline.owira at hilton.com
Website: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=NBOHIT

We also ask that you take a few minutes to complete the attached Open Consultation
questionnaire.  The purpose of this questionnaire is to take into consideration
the experience, visions and suggestions of the European and sub-Saharan African
ICT communities at large.  The input received will form part of the document EU-Africa
S&T Cooperation on ICT under FP7 - Status & Perspectives to be presented
to the European Commission as a manifest.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries,

We look forward to meeting you in Nairobi,

With thanks,

Rebecca Naidoo
Research & Development Initiatives Coordinator
Meraka Institute
Ph: +27-12-841 2948
Fax: +27-12-841 4720

the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
             ~Margaret Mead~