[kictanet] Fwd: Kenya Communications Bill (ICT Bill)

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 10:16:43 EAT 2007

To: The Permanent Secretary,
    Ministry of Information and Communications
    Teleposta Towers Nairobi

Re: Invitation to one day meeting at Safari Park Hotel
on 16th July 2007; stakeholder and consumer reactions

Dear Dr. Bitange Ndemo,

I confirm attendance representing the ICT Consumer
Consumers Association of Kenya and if allowed make a
short presentation.

Our consumer welfare society's vision is "enlightened
consumer enjoying high quality and best priced ICT
Services". By participating we foresee an opportunity
to strengthen and enhance consumer protection along
National ICT Policy provisions.

Clause 9.6 Role of Consumers and Users

Consumers and users will be expected to participate in
ensuring:

(a) Universal Access and afforadbility of ICT services
(b) Quality of service is maintained
(c) Continued review of Government policy in
accordance with technological and consumer trends

We appreciate this opportunity to play our meaningful
role in Kenya's liberalised, self-regulatory industry
environment.

Sincerely,

Alex Gakuru
Chairman,