[kictanet] adopt a school

Judy Okite judyokite at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 11:50:24 EAT 2007

Hi All,

Jus A few comments.......

On 2/8/07, Mr. Barnabas Sang <bksang at education.go.ke> wrote:

>  Muthoni,
>
> Thanks for the highlights on FOSS/FLOSS, which the education sector have
> been following for the last three years.
>
> During the last one year, we have been evaluating and inquiring for
> proponents of FOSS/FLOSS

who (persons/group)exactly have you been working with on this?

to come forth with a concrete proposal that will ensure government get a
> solution that will provide the features and advantages you have highlighted
> (perhaps another call made here).
>
> By the way, for the 142 Schools to be equipped by March, all bidders are
> expected (mandatory feature) to have dual boot to both Open Source OS
> (Ubuntu or equivalent) and Windows OS. The challenge is that we are yet to
> see bidders with enough capacity to handle this kind of deployment in our
> schools.

This is a big realisation to all of us and we are behind you 100% good work
here!

There is lots of potential on FOSS/FLOSS. Statistic in Europe and Asia
> indicate to us the direction education institutions are taking in order to
> ensure TCO and ROI on ICT in education investments are justified.
>
> I got a CD from your stand in the ongoing ICT for Development Expo which
> is quite informative (productwise). Missing though is the e-learning
> platforms like moodle, which could interest enterprises and institutions of
> higher learning.

There is edubuntu that has a sort of elearning platform..............you
could link up with me I get you a copy.

Otherwise, Thanks, will take note of your advice on issues you've touched.

> Kind regards
>
> Sang

Kind Regards,