[kictanet] NSIS website hacked?

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 16:54:08 EAT 2007

>>>>--- Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:

Hey, Walu, it's just the website, the content of which is
for public consumption (and public defacing whenever
possible to prove a point).
<<<<<

Wash,
true, it's just a website and i am definate that there was
nothing critical or sensitive on the site...but think about
it this way, whoever defaced the site had to gain
admininistrator rights on the box and from there he or she
could launch an attack onto other probably more sensitive
boxes within NSIS(the intranet)...

yes, i too checked out and noted their domain (nsis.go.ke)
is hosted at wananchi online. what I dont know is whether
the content(website) is there as well or is in-house at
NSIS which could raise the stakes abit....

walu.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,