[kictanet] NSIS website hacked?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 16:17:42 EAT 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 3:19 PM, John Walubengo <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> For those who may not know NSIS stands for National
> Security Intelligence Service, the Kenyan equivalent of the
> American CIA, Russian KGB, Israeli Mossad and the British
> M15 get the drift?
>
> Now these chaps website seems to have been hacked and
> defaced. Check out...
>
> http://www.nsis.go.ke/
>
> and please tell me am wrong.

You are right, it's been "cracked". However it's hosted by third
party, if you look at DNS records, and this can always happen when a
server admin installs on a server stuff they don't quite understand,
or even plays with a sensitive configuration without thinking much
about it.
Hey, Walu, it's just the website, the content of which is for public
consumption (and public defacing whenever possible to prove a point).

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,