[kictanet] Safaricom SMS Swindlers

alice alice at apc.org
Mon Aug 27 18:38:22 EAT 2007

Dear all

Do we have the facts to justify the word "swindlers’? Can someone prove
the story below with facts?

I think this is what Eric Aliguila's questions were leading to and we
must try our level best to share information that is and can be
authenticated with facts. Unfortunately the use of strong/sometimes
inappropriate words/language without supporting facts has appeared on a
number of postings recently and is really disturbing.

So here’s a reminder of some list serve rules as a refresher to avoid
stepping on each other’s toes.

    * Mind your manners -
    * Be polite - virtual members are real not a cyberspace borg with no
      feelings.
    * DON’T TYPE ALL IN CAPITALS - It sounds like you’re shouting! RIGHT?
    * Watch your words - They can’t see your face, and the emotions in
      words can get misinterpreted.
    * Kick the bad language - People are listening.
    * Laws are laws - What’s real in the real world are the same in
      cyberspace.
    * Be simple - Send text simply, no bold, italic, underlines etc. The
      simpler the better. Not everyone has the same system as you. They
      may just get a load of muddled codes that are really annoying!
    * Briefs - Don’t be repetitive, so edit out the stuff you really
      don’t need to send.
    * Flame wars - Don’t send rude or offensive e-mails or postings. If
      you get flamed, don’t do it back, let someone in authority know,
      its abuse, remember laws are laws.
    * Who are you? - Tell people who you are, it’s rude not to.
    * Looks count - What you write shows what you’re like. Rubbish
      grammar and spelling doesn’t look good, and the same rules apply
      when typing and writing.
    * Newbie tolerance - You’re an expert in cyberspace, don’t forget
      there are newbie’s trying to learn as much as you had to.
    * Be ethical in your posting. Don't lie, plagiarize, or deliberately
      do harm to another forum user.

alice munyua