[kictanet] Procedure for appointment?

Benjamin Makai benmakai at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 20:58:13 EAT 2007

Alice
  As kictanet tries to be appraised and at the same time appraise itself, i believe the following is vital

  1, is kicanet a project or progrmme of various project activities ? in any case what is the :=
  (a) scope and how well is this stipulated and communicated to the stakeholders?

  (b)Maturity model status based on years of operation ( initial, repeatable,defined, managed and optimized status).what does the list pride itself of?
  (c)Governance model in realization of scope and model all together, maturity in relation to various aspects and phases  of the same ?
  (d) Relationship  to other displines ( skills and capacity building, general management, ICT environment knowledge and prractice and relevance to the  indursty situation)
  (e) Ramification in relation to the current ICT best practices and ICT environmnet in Kenya generally

  I beleive the list has been very necesssary to the ICT sector in kenya and has contributed alot in relaization of the the open space we are experiencing today

  Else...i beleive at one point the legality of the list was brought to the open...if i can still recollect well..Else it all abought how the objectives of the initiative have been aligned to the general view and welbeing of iCt environment in Kenya and how applicable it has been to the stakeholkers which is undistubutable..

  Regards

alice <alice at apc.org> wrote:
  Thank you P.S. Ndemo for raising the issue of KICTANet's role etc

KICTANet is currently conducting an institutional assessment exercise
supported by the IDRC. This exercise will respond/answer some of the
issues presented by the P.S. among others. The objective of the
assessment will be to establish KICTANet’s organizational strengths and
weaknesses, and to develop specific recommendations of areas that will
require institutional strengthening. This will help ensure that the
network continues to provide effective mechanisms for cooperation and
collaboration between stakeholders in support of ICT-led growth and
development in Kenya.

We do need to understand the network's present capacity, identify gaps
and look for ways of addressing them. We certainly need a one/two day
forum to strategise on reforming,/strengthening KICTANet.

best
alice

This message was sent to: benmakai at yahoo.com

Benjamin Makai